by Mommy Hobbies
leave a comment
In my napsack stash
If you’ve never had a tomato and mozzarella salad, you’re missing out. I first had a taste of this combo last year. Who knew balsamic smothered tomatoes and mozzarella would be so delightfully good?
Last week I was craving this combo, bad. But this time, I wanted the mozzarella melted over the chicken and piping hot. Found the prefect recipe.
Poor Julia, I have neglected her for so long in favor of quicker recipes. Her food is, hands down, some of the best home cooking I do, but it can be time consuming. She’ll be making a comeback soon, but for now let me introduce you to a very simple and delicious recipe.
Balsamic Chicken and Fresh Mozzarella courtesy of Allrecipes!
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 (16 fl oz) bottle balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or large resealable plastic bag. Pour the dressing over it, cover or seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray or oil, and set over low heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Fry chicken breast halves over low heat for about 30 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Arrange chicken on a serving platter. Place a generous slice of fresh mozzarella on top of each piece. Place a leaf of basil on top of the cheese, and cover with a slice of tomato. Dash balsamic vinegar over the platter, and season with salt and pepper. Serve!